The answer is YES, and here in this article, you will find the best way to do that. Normally, most users won’t even know what is firmware. Basically, A firmware is an IPSW file package that stores everything needed to run the core operating system, which is iOS for iPhone or iPad users. IOS is one of the best systems for mobile phones, but that doesn’t mean it is flawless.
- The problem “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away after you uninstall antivirus software.
- By doing so, you would be able to enter the DMU mode on your device.
- When the device is detected in Recovery Mode, you will get an option to restore the iPad.
- Here is a video tutorial about how to recover lost data with this software.
- It is a stock Android firmware user-friendly application that allows you to retrieve data from corrupted files.
Additionally, you might want to delete an IPSW file if it’s corrupted and you keep running into issues while updating or restoring an iPhone or iPad. That should again prompt Finder or iTunes to download a fresh copy from the Apple servers. Each folder may contain one or more IPSW files. The iPad “iPad” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt. Your Mac or PC will automatically download an IPSW file from the Apple servers when you update or restore an Apple mobile device using iTunes or the Finder app. Alternatively, you can use symbolic links on the Mac or PC to shift the directory that stores IPSW files.
Select the IPSW file you downloaded and click “Choose”. Now you just need to wait until the iPhone updated as usual. It might be more complicated to use iTunes to restore the firmware package. Just follow the steps below, and you can repair your firmware with iTunes. Restoring iPhone firmware is a great solution to a lot of iPhone-related problems.
- Choose the firmware you need to update, and click Download.
- Also tried logging into iCloud to “Find My Phone” but the phone couldn’t be found (perhaps because it is disabled).
- Thanks to its leading iOS recovery technology, you’re able to fix iPhone not turning on with a black screen while keeping all the data safe and sound.
- The creators of such malware strains don’t always do a good job, so you may be able to recover your files even if they become corrupt.
- All you have to do is connect your faulty iOS device and follow the on-screen instructions one by one.
It can repair most iOS system issues without data loss. The rest of the process is the same – in Finder/iTunes. When the device is detected in Recovery Mode, you will get an option to restore the iPad.